What do you love about knitting? Oh My God, everything! It’s so fun, meditative, relaxing, rewarding, and I what I love most are the awesome wool and cottons from WATG. Their colour, feel and style make it an experience - it’s not just knitting, it’s WATG.
What are you knitting at the moment? I just finished a little person hat for a pregnant friend of mine and I’m knitting a lot of bali bands to give away to friends. Bali bands are the new friendship bracelets.
How many hats have you knitted? Good question. I should start keeping track. I have a goal to knit and give away a hat a week for the rest of my life. It doesn’t happen every week but sometimes I knit more than one a week. Probably about 100 by now.
When are you at your happiest? When I’m with friends, cooking, hanging out, at Strala, travelling around to teach yoga or give talks, meeting people and when I’m knitting of course! That pretty much sums up my life so I’m a happy gal!
What’s been the best advice you’ve been given and from whom?
“When you have an idea, do it.” - Deepak
What’s your motto? “You are a space maker.” - I Love the idea that we have unlimited space for possibility and creativity. We just have to tap in and create!
If you had to sum yourself up in 3 words what would they be? Lucky Farm Girl
If you had a magic super power what would it be? Teleportation
What’s one beauty product you couldn’t live without? Duchess Marden Rose Moisturizer.
Who or what has been your biggest source of inspiration? There’s so much inspiration around. You guys at WATG, the designers at Reebok, Deepak, Jane Fonda, Tao Porchon-Lynch, all the awesome people at Strala that I get to connect with and the stories of transformation I see online too. Oh, and nature. Nature’s pretty darn inspiring. It’s exciting to know that we are nature.
What are reading at the moment? The Conscious Universe by Dean Radin. . I need something good and fluffy after this one.
Favourite restaurant in NYC? There are so many great restaurants here, I’m currently eating at Ellary’s Greens on Carmine St. several times a week.
What has you in stitches :)? Instagram yoga pose-offs
PS: Gangstas, we’ve got a competition going where you can try your luck at winning a Tara Stiles Street Style Hoodie if you can guess how many hats Tara Stiles has knitted. Enter the competition here.
- leucanthemumxvulgare reblogged this from woolandthegang
- kerdaya likes this
- lauratrosh likes this
- samaramtz reblogged this from tarastileseats
- ladyarchaeologist reblogged this from woolandthegang
- fawaz0o0 likes this
- effervescence-of-me likes this
- elissatyamagata likes this
- brianc0z likes this
- meaghannn47 likes this
- befitalways reblogged this from tarastileseats
- befitalways likes this
- heyitsharna reblogged this from tarastileseats
- conreezybeets likes this
- lserks likes this
- hmuh likes this
- toinfinityandbeyond-loove likes this
- intoaswan likes this
- laureneatsyouu likes this
- dannybananas likes this
- mountaincandy likes this
- asitypethis likes this
- intunewiththemoon likes this
- the-fool-on-the-hill likes this
- oyesreally likes this
- soulayma12 likes this
- sparksbeforefire likes this
- caitlinrosebud likes this
- smashedbird likes this
- captainchelseyloulou likes this
- welaugh-at-gildedbutterflies likes this
- laurenmazzotta likes this
- synapselounge likes this
- ashleyg00d likes this
- travelfilm3 likes this
- oliviaahhh likes this
- i-will-find-someone-like-you123 likes this
- tarastileseats reblogged this from woolandthegang
- tarastileseats likes this
- woll-maus reblogged this from woolandthegang
- slaughtered likes this
- littlemissde likes this
- woolandthegang posted this